All real property, commonly known as real estate, is assessed. KRS. 132.690 states that each parcel of taxable real property or interest therein subject to assessment by the Property Valuation Administrator shall be assessed annually by the PVA at it’s fair cash value in accordance with standards prescribed by the state Department of Revenue.
The PVA office collects data and obtains information about real property from several different sources:
- Physical inspection of the entire county by the PVA and staff.
- Electrical Inspectors provide a list of electrical permits.
- The Department of Revenue provides a listing of mobile home transfers.
- Manufactured home parks are required by law to fill out forms yearly that list owner’s names and information about the manufactured home.
- A PVA staff Field Representative is responsible for going to the site, listing all improvements, measuring all structures and taking photos of said improvements. Interior characteristics are gathered from questionnaires and discussion with the owner.
- New 911 addresses.